Search This Blog

Saturday, March 3, 2007

A Few Helpful Suggestions

As I have mentioned in an earlier post, I have been getting a lot of emails, messages, IMs, and whatnot, from friends, all giving their words of support. An interesting aspect of these messages from my friends is the range of suggestions they had in terms of things that I could do to make myself feel better. They range from baby steps that I could take to get through each day, to rather drastic measures that they thought would make me feel... let's just say... instantly gratified. Here are a few examples of these ideas.
  • Open a Word document and just type and type whatever comes to mind, while having a glass of wine.
  • Lift problems to God.
  • Get a fabulous haircut.
  • Ipapatay ang mga salarin.
  • Find a new man.
  • Think of how miserable their life together will be.
  • Immerse self in studies.
  • Put on Beyonce's "Irreplaceable" and play in apartment full-blast.
  • Learn to forgive.
  • Ipakulam ang mga salarin.
  • Believe that karma will bite them in the butt.
  • Talk to a psychotherapist.
  • Have random sex with strangers.
  • Remember that you are better off without him.
  • Spit on offending parties when spotted.
  • Go to the gym frequently to release happy hormones.
  • Become an alcoholic (but only until emotional turmoil has ceased).
  • Binge on as much chocolate as desired.
  • Take sleeping pills and mind-altering drugs as needed.
Some of these suggestions are more attractive to me than others, so I have yet to decide exactly which ones I'll take. Obviously, I can't do all of the above, though I'll definitely try some of them. The rest will have to remain fantasies to indulge in. I am still very open to other suggestions, though; so shoot me a note if there's anything else that's been missed out.

2 comments:

  1. My vote goes to chocolate. I'll do my share here to keep you company in spirit, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good! para hindi lang ako ang tataba!

    ReplyDelete