Search This Blog

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Baby Steps

This has been a very stressful time for me, primarily because I have less than two months of school left and I haven't even finished half of the work that I'm supposed to be doing if I intend to graduate. There is a strong tendency for me to be overwhelmed by my situation, including finishing my mini-thesis, worrying about packing all my stuff and moving again (to another country!), having to go back to work at ABS-CBN, leaving the friends that I've made here, and all the other things involved when one phase of your life is set to end.

I do have a penchant for worrying about things all at once, since I figure if I'm stressing out about one thing, I might as well stress out about everything else at the same time. Kind of like getting the most mileage out of the emotional low. However, I am trying not to be so negative because I don't want to waste the little time that I have left here in Columbia, so I revel in little things that make me happy within a day.

One little thing that made me happy yesterday is that I finished a project that I had been working on for school. I made an interactive map for the website of Global Journalist, the magazine that I'm working for as part of my professional project for my final semester (I have the very fancy and rather undeserved title of "Online Director" at the magazine). Click here to see the map that I made. I guess finishing that map made me remember that I came here primarily to learn a lot of stuff, and this was proof that I actually did.

1 comment: