Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Why little boys should stay little



I've been hanging out with my 4-year-old nephew Aidan a lot, and it's been a joy because he's at a good age- basically, the age where he still thinks spending time with family is great. He's been more affectionate of late, and always looks for "Tita Nis" (his nickname for me) whenever he gets home from school. Earlier this evening, he said "I love you, Tita Nis." So, I said, "I love you, Aidan." Then he said, "I'll tell you how much," as he pulled my head to whisper in my ear. "I love you forever."

I wish I could record such moments so that in the future, when he doesn't think I'm so cool anymore and refuses to hang out with me, I can hold him to what he said. (Like I actually could, right?)

5 comments:

  1. What I would give to have some cute guy whisper that in my ear! God bless you, Aidan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like we'll be geographically closer after you get back to Manila!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! That's like the sweetest thing ever:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww.. so sweet!

    daph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi titaNis! For what it's worth, you are still very present in our midst, as he continually makes mention of you and you are constantly included in all our plans for pasyals and the tables are always set for an extra seat for his titaNis [like he's expecting you to pop in...sigh....will you??!!!] We miss you like the dickens, my dear!!! MWAH!

    ReplyDelete