Search This Blog

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Grades, grades, grades

When I started going to school as a kindergartener, I didn't care about grades. Who did at that age? All we cared about was playing, making new friends, and maybe getting a stamp of a star on our hand to show to our parents when we got home. Then came prep, grade school, high school, and college. All those years, I still didn't care much for them either much to the chagrin of my parents (Maybe if they still gave out star stamps, it would have been a different story).

Decades later, though, this changed. Don't get me wrong, I didn't necessarily change my poor study habits practiced over a lifetime (Cramming has become hardwired into my system). I just CARED more about grades. Maybe it's because I'm in a different country, and so had some desire to prove that Filipinos can hold their own in the first world.

Well, I am very happy to report that I got invited to join the Kappa Tau Alpha journalism honor society. They only invite people with a GPA of 4.0, so I was glad that recent upheavals in my life did not adversely affect my academics as might have been expected. Pasensiya na sa pagyayabang. I know my friends and family will be very happy for me. I was just very excited about this, and it's the first academic goal that I've really been wanting to achieve.

10 comments:

  1. Congrats Gidget! Proud and happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, dear! i really wish you were here to celebrate with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Now we know who's the REAL nerd...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yehey for Tita Niks! Congratulations! We are so proud of you and we're looking forward to seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, we've always known you were a closet case -- closet intellectual, that is ;-) -- despite all appearances to the contrary. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A WELL-DESERVED GRADE AND INVITATION. TAGAY PARA SAYO GIDG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOO!HOO! YES!!!!.....still have it in you...good fo ryou!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations!!! that's amazing!!!
    (does that make you the first filipino...? )
    daph

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks, daph! probably i am the first filipino, at least from this j-school :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Congrats kapatid! Galing mo naman! Kelan na uwi mo? Nagkatsikahan kami ni Gel yesterday (bec. she has editing skeds with I-Post)at naishare ko lang sa kanya ang blog address mo. Di nya kasi alam ang details ng break up mo so sabi ko, kumpletos recados ang blog mo. Hehehe!!!

    ReplyDelete