Search This Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2007

A bundle of nerves

This weekend, after recovering from the excesses of Friday night, I didn't really do much. I stayed home, and the only time I left my apartment was to have dinner tonight at Taco Bell, which is just a short walk away. They have a new item on the menu- the 7-layer crunch wrap- and I was eager to try it since I only eat two things there; the cheesy bean and rice burrito, and the 7-layer burrito. Pretty much everything else has meat in it.

But the thought of food makes me digress. Back to the unproductivity of the weekend... The reason why I have been feeling antsy and unable to do anything of importance (aside from the fact that I can't overcome my natural sloth), is that I am going to defend my project (the 70-page paper mentioned in an earlier post) before my committee tomorrow. I have four committee members, and they are all very, very nice. However, collectively, they strike terror into my heart because they have the power to decide whether I graduate.

I've been told that the defense process goes like this- you give them a short roundup of what your paper is about (though I had given them the paper last week, there is always that chance that one of them has not read it), then they ask you questions about it. When they're done with their questions, they ask you to leave the room as they decide whether you pass or fail, and therefore also whether you graduate or not. Then they call you back in to tell you your fate.

That is what I'll be going through tomorrow, and it is really making me nervous. My friends have been telling me that I'll be fine. But I guess it's very hard for anyone to relax when you're about to face a group of people who will decide whether you make the grade.

5 comments:

  1. You'll make it, I'm sure. Break a leg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, KB! I just try to think that it'll be over soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to wish you good luck kanina!!! You'll be great. We're all rooting for you!!! Go, Gidge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of lucks. I made it girl, and you know you and I have a lot in common when it comes to facing our duties, we both feel like sleeping :-). It is a smooth experience. You will rock the house. I miss you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The force is strong with you, Gidge. You'll be a Master, i'm sure.

    ReplyDelete