Search This Blog

Sunday, April 1, 2007

A Portent of Things to Come

I've been checking my email on my ABS-CBN account, just to make sure I don't miss any important announcements at the office. I don't really like doing this, as this reminds me of the reality that I have to face when I get home. The past year or so, though, there were no earth-shattering memos, so I got complacent and started checking my email expecting only announcements regarding First Friday masses, holiday hours, badminton club schedules, and the like.

My bad. Just this week, two rather disturbing emails arrived at my inbox. The first was about how I owed x-amount of money for the insurance on my car, which I got through the company. The amount was totaled from December 2004 till the present. Weird how they decided to charge me for this NOW. Then, today, I saw an email regarding my accountability for video tapes issued to "F", the now-defunct show where I worked before leaving for the US. This one was even less amusing, since the total amount was nearly P300,000. How I'm going to return those tapes, or pay that amount for that matter, is a real mystery to me.

It's really strange how these matters have come up just now when they've apparently been an issue for a few years. This leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Just as I've adjusted to the thought of coming home, I now have to also adjust to the idea of a rather (financially) unpleasant homecoming.

5 comments:

  1. I suggest that you forward those two letters to one of your lawyer friends back home, so that some follow-up can be done as soon as possible. The lawyer can write a reply in your behalf to try to get more details about your accountability, if this indeed is true. It's best not to ignore these letters, or else it could make your homecoming really unpleasant. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kapatid, you have to track down all your former PAs or APs cause maybe, they were the ones who borrowed those tapes under your accountability. plus, a little justification or two would suffice naman. if im not mistaken, even chari villa, when she left abs-cbn, i heard she had tape accountabilities also pero look at her now, nasa dos ulit sya...wala ng utang, isa pa siyang diva di ba? hehehe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the tips... i'm trying to do my best to manage it from here, so i don't have to deal with it when i'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i dont think anyone has actually paid for tapes. imagine PP's accountability? they just want you to go through the motion of passing on the accountability to someone else. stupid system deserves a stupid solution.

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stupid system indeed. and they still haven't found a non-stupid solution.

    ReplyDelete