Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2007

I'm a Master!

So... I just want to share the happy news that I successfully defended my project before my committee. I was so nervous before going to the room to meet them. I had rehearsed my presentation while I was still at home (actually, in the shower), but I felt I was losing my nerve as the time to meet them got closer. The defense lasted about an hour, during which they asked me questions about my paper and about my work for the past semester. After the Q&A, they sent me out of the room as they discussed my fate. Then one of them, Prof. Stephanie Craft, went out to look for me. She said "Congratulations!", and with a sigh of relief, I knew they had all signed the document that committee members needed to sign before I could graduate.

I was so happy as they shook my hand to congratulate me. I actually felt like crying, but thankfully didn't. So, even though I still need to log in a few more weeks working on the website of Global Journalist, I am assured of getting my diploma, and after all these years... a Master's degree.

9 comments:

  1. Hey, what's wrong with crying? Yes, that would have been funny, as if you had won Miss Universe or something. Congratulations! I told you you'd make it. Told you so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Felicidades :-)!!! So truly happy you successfully defended. I bet you are training tonight, i mean, drinking. Kick ass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the greetings, guys! i'm so happy i can share my joy with you, even if you are many miles away :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS DEAR!!!! I am so happy to hear it's all over:) Now you should go have tons of fun and just ENJOY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations keychain!!! now go and have fun!

    dop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Knew you'd do great! Congratulations! Let's party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Master Gidge!

    Welcome to the dark side of the force! Hahaha!

    Congratulations!!!!! I don't even understand how you could have doubted yourself.

    Here's to moving forward!

    ReplyDelete