Search This Blog

Saturday, December 3, 2005

The Best Molten Chocolate Cake

Whenever I see "Molten Chocolate Cake" on a restaurant's menu, I simply have to try it. Last week, I found the best of this kind of cake that I have tasted so far in a restaurant in Chicago. When my classmate Nikki found out that I was in the Windy City for the Thanksgiving break, she told me that I should check out Grand Lux Cafe 0ff Michigan Avenue, which I did as soon as I could. I ordered their Molten Chocolate Cake right away, since the waiter said it took 30 minutes to bake. They prepare each cake from scratch, he said. After a couple of appetizers (no main course to leave room for the cake), it was time for dessert, and it did not disappoint. The chocolate gushed out from the still-warm cake, and what made it different from others was that the edges of the cake were chewy, while the rest of the cake was moist. I can't wait to get back to Chicago to have it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment