Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Lord of the Dance

Yes, it was another free show that I watched, this time a dance production featuring Celtic dance. Lord of the Dance has apparently been watched by a lot of people all over the world. If their website is to be believed, it's "the most acclaimed show in musical history". I can't vouch for the basis of that claim, but it was a great show. Group tap dancing always amazes me, and after watching people do that I always think "I'm a loser! What am I doing with my life? I should have learned to tap dance!" (then again, maybe not.)

The highlight of this show for me was the part where the lead solo male dancer came out wearing a sequined gold 8-inch wide belt with the words (take a guess...) "Lord of the Dance". And another guy actually challenged him to a "dance duel" for it. (You could say this is similar to other sports where the competitors win via "tap out"). The antagonist cheated and got the belt from him. Of course the REAL Lord of the Dance eventually tapped his way into getting it back. A dance concert just doesn't get any better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment