Search This Blog

Monday, December 19, 2005

On Solitude and Eyesight

In the four months that I've lived in the US, I've spent a LOT of time alone. I've never had so much me-time in my whole life. I like being by myself, probably more than a lot of people I know. Sometimes though I find myself getting tired of my company, and over here I don't really have much of a choice, I'm pretty much stuck with just me. Anyway, one unpleasant side effect of being alone a lot is that I'm going to need glasses soon. Being alone has left me a ton of time for reading books (that are not remotely related to anything I'm studying), spending time in front of the computer (surfing, not writing papers), and watching TV (totally no educational value). All these activities have caused my eyes to deteriorate at an alarming rate. That's how I finally made the connection between glasses and personality types.

No comments:

Post a Comment