Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Secret to Happiness

I was visiting my very pregnant sister-in-law Tintin this afternoon, and I was feeling a little blue. So I told her I was going to the friendly neighborhood store to buy some chips and diet coke in hopes of improving my mood. She said she was feeling down as well, and asked me if I wanted to have some pizza instead. I thought that the combined effects of chips, diet coke, and pizza might be enough to make us feel better, so I still went off to the store, while she ordered garlic and cheese pizza from Shakey's (our favorite) for delivery.

We attacked the chips as soon as I got back, and chatted about our respective reasons for having the blues. After a while (meaning three bags of chips later), we noticed that the pizza had still not been delivered. Shakey's has a 45-minute delivery guarantee, and it had already been 47 minutes since Tintin ordered, according to her watch. After a few more minutes, the pizza guy arrived. Tintin pointed out that 50 minutes had passed since she called in the order, and so the guy said the pizza was free. Our disposition immediately improved, due to the MSG from the chips, the caffeine and artificial sweetener from the coke, and most importantly, the FREE PIZZA from Shakey's.

The secret to happiness is no big mystery after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment