Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

"Desperate Housewives" gets Filipinos really angry

It's been just a short while since Desperate Housewives aired their season premiere (just a little over 24 hours ago, if I got my facts straight), but already, thousands of Filipinos are up in arms against the show; Teri Hatcher in particular. Her character, Susan, is at the hospital, and she was told by her gynecologist that she might be hitting menopause. To this, she replied "Can I check your diplomas? I just want to make sure they're not from some med school in the Philippines."

There is a petition to express concern, disgust, or disappointment to ABC, the station that airs this show, at http://www.petitiononline.com/FilABC
People are also encouraged to email them directly at abc7@abc.com. I've already done both. It's no sweat off my back, and really, that line was quite insulting. Everyone involved in the show (particularly the Executive Producer) should answer for their actions.

Here's the clip that has offended so many. Bring out your inner activist and get involved in the cause. Some might find it petty, but frankly, I like anything that gets the goat of Pinoys and encourages some form of mass action from normally apathetic people (Like that Malu Fernandez controversy a few months ago).

No comments:

Post a Comment