Search This Blog

Monday, October 8, 2007

Desperate Overkill

As I mentioned in my previous entry, Pinoys have gotten very agitated about a certain scene in Desperate Housewives. Apparently though, some of the reactions are now well in the realm of the ridiculous. I heard about the demands that some Filipinos are putting forth to ABC, and I agree that they are somewhat (and I say that ironically) of an overreaction. I mean, boycotting Disneyworld? There's also a demand to issue an apology in the next three episodes. I think sobriety is called for here. While it was important to make ABC realize that what they did was wrong, it would also be unfortunate if the whole issue ends up becoming trivialized because of the ridiculousness of our reactions as Filipinos.

No comments:

Post a Comment