Search This Blog

Monday, January 8, 2007

The End Is Near

I've been in Cali for a little bit more than three weeks now, and it's been nonstop eating and doing touristy things since Day 1. Because my parents, my brother John, and his wife Tin are here from the Philippines, we tried to see all the sights we could and do the whole Southern California tourist bit... Disneyland, Legoland, Seaworld, San Diego Zoo, and today, Universal Studios. It's also been a great excuse to eat at new places, and generally just to eat a lot (I cannot even begin to count the bags of blazin' hot Cheetos and gallons of ice cream consumed). It's been fun, but a bit tiring and extremely fattening. I will definitely need to detoxify and decompress after all this through the vital post-vacation vacation.

I'm flying home to Columbia, Missouri on Thursday, and classes don't start till Tuesday. I have a few days to ruminate (which I failed to do as the year 2007 began), as well as counteract what I like to call the "water retention" which took place after excessive salt and carb consumption, before I go back to school.

I'm now a bit sad not just because I won't see my family again for awhile, but also because I don't know when I will get another month-long break after I graduate. I know this last semester will whizz by and before I know it I will have to think about what I want to do with the rest of my life and stop slacking (at least for a while).

You would think that these things get easier when you get older, but they don't, at least not for me. Case in point, after watching Shamu and the dolphins at Seaworld, I thought that I should study to become a marine biologist (Okay, okay. I confess, the first thing I thought of wanting to be after the show was an animal trainer). This, after spending the last couple of years trying to get my Master's in journalism.

It's strange to be so old and still not know what you want to be when you grow up.

2 comments:

  1. you are so not alone hani! Good luck to us:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Follow your heart, girl, and everything becomes easy. Take it from me (KB, aka Dr. Phil).

    ReplyDelete