Search This Blog

Sunday, May 7, 2006

Changes Back Home

I've been hearing so much news lately from my friends back in the Philippines. One gave birth a couple of weeks ago, one just found out she's pregnant, another just got engaged, two just got new boyfriends, one is moving to a great new house, one just got a new job in New York so is probably moving there soon...

Congratulations to all of them, I'm very glad my friends are so blessed. Of course all these developments made me a little sad that I was not there to congratulate them in person, and be there to share their happiness. It was also a reminder that life is going on back home, even as I pretend to myself that everything there is on hold, and that when I come back everything will be exactly as it was when I left.

1 comment:

  1. Scary isn't it. You'll be OLDER and not too much wiser, and you won't be transported back in time to the place you left. No wonder Fulbrighters try to off themselves...

    ReplyDelete