Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 4, 2006

I Love Daylight Savings!

Finally, I can feel the arrival of spring (fingers crossed)! There are a few flowers now, and I actually hear birds chirping when I wake up in the morning. The temperatures are also higher, now ranging from 10-22 degrees Celsius (a big relief from below zero weather). The best thing is, they moved the clocks forward last Sunday because of daylight savings, so we get an extra hour of sunlight. So now, it's still bright even if it's almost 8pm.

I didn't realize how much the sun affects my mood. It actually makes me happy! I did realize that I was getting the winter blues a couple of months ago because it would be dark by four o'clock. Now, I feel more productive since I don't want to stay in bed all day. The sun was something I also took for granted back home, since the lengths of time where there was sunlight stayed pretty constant. I can hardly wait for the summer, with even longer days, and warmer climes!

No comments:

Post a Comment