Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Gil and His Son

I am very busy procrastinating and putting off papers that need to be done, so I got to thinking about Gil and how I should have recorded some of our conversations. As you may have read, they have been enlightening (?) and rather humorous. He truly is one of a kind (Probably a good thing). So I've decided that I will try to write in this blog all the interesting conversations we have had. The following story is the first that comes to mind right now, and you will understand why.

One day, we were hanging out with some friends, and for some obscure reason, we got to talking about attitudes toward the human body.

Gil: You know, I am not very conscious of the human body. I do not put malice in it. In fact, my whole family's attitude towards the human body is very candid.

Me: What do you mean? (Half-afraid of the answer)

Gil: For example, my son goes around the house without his pants.

Me: You mean he goes around with only his underwear?

Gil: No, I mean he only wears a shirt, and nothing else. In fact, one time, there was a party in the house, and my son went out of his room not knowing there was company. He tried to hide his private parts by pulling his shirt down, but then when he ran to his room, his buttocks were exposed!

Me: (Imagining my 3-year-old nephew caught in such a situation) Oh, the poor kid! How old was he then? (Thinking this experience may have been a traumatic highlight of his formative years)

Gil: Sixteen.

1 comment:

  1. This is priceless--I was laughing for five minutes! Keep those Gil stories coming!!

    ReplyDelete