Search This Blog

Thursday, March 30, 2006

What I Miss Most

I've been in Missouri for almost eight months, and I haven't really felt homesick. Of course, I miss Caye, my friends and family, and my dogs, but I've managed well so far, thanks to email, Skype, and iChat. What I've been missing aside from the people back home, surprisingly, is the sea (no virtual water will do). I never thought I would be imagining being by the beach or in the water so much.

The sea is something I've taken for granted, because it's always been a relatively short drive away. Now that I live in a very landlocked state where the ocean is a flight away, I find that I have a hankering for even a glimpse of a vast expanse of water. I've resolved to go diving more frequently when I get home, and find more time to stay near the sand, sun, and sea. The sea clears my mind, soothes my spirit, and gives me a sense of well-being. It's one of the advantages of living in my country, and I've never had a greater appreciation of it than I do now.

1 comment:

  1. Hi nice blog Nikka, the blackness of the blog makes it feel really isolated. I love the Philippines but I'm not really a Pinoy - I'm an expat English teacher. I'm writing my own blog as well of my experiences in the Philippines. I hope to return and read more of your experiences ; ) take care.

    ReplyDelete