Search This Blog

Sunday, March 5, 2006

More on Bringing Your Own Booze

Last Friday, my fellow Convergence Journalism majors (yes, I'm staying on in the program) decided to have a wine and cheese party. I've already mentioned how strange the concept of BYOB is to me, at least as far as I've seen it practiced here. As I said, I understand the concept of everyone bringing their share of alcohol, especially when the party is being held by undergraduates who may not have so much disposable income.

What I find bizarre is how the alcohol you bring isn't really meant to be shared; that it's really just for your own consumption. One guy brought a bottle of wine to the party, and made pretty darned sure no one else was going to share it. How did he do this? He simply brought around his wine bottle in his jeans pocket, that's how.

No comments:

Post a Comment