Search This Blog

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Crash and Burn

I watched "Crash" today during a potluck lunch held by my International Women's Support Group. It was a movie worth watching, though I wouldn't watch it again. The experience ended up feeling heavy for me. The movie tackled racism and stereotypes, which is always interesting. There were a lot of lessons to be learned, and maybe the problem was that there were too many. I felt somewhat emotionally battered by the movie (partly because of its very Hollywood treatment), and this tired me out. If they had fewer stories or issues, maybe I wouldn't have felt that way. Generally, I enjoy escapist movies, and this definitely wasn't one of those. I'm not going to say any more about the movie, just that it left me emotionally drained. That's a warning for those who haven't seen it yet. It's a good movie, but it's not a feel-good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment