Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Crazy About Gadgets

I can't believe that my gadget-lust has been reactivated after being dormant for quite some time by Apple's latest offering. When Apple came out with its laptop, the MacBook Pro, I was able to resist buying one for myself (admittedly, the fact that its cost was way beyond my card's credit limit may have played a bigger role in this than any prudence on my part).

But this new iPod Shuffle, which Apple touts as the smallest mp3 player in the world, is making the consumer in me positively salivate with covetousness. It's just so small and sleek, and at $79 (probably a little less with my student discount) for 1 GB of space, enough for 240 songs, it seems like such a bargain. I don't even care what the reviews may be. It just looks so... cool. (OK, I'm shallow.) Well, I COULD use my current iPod shuffle as a flash drive to put my school files in and justify the purchase. After all, if my old shuffle is being used for academic purposes, then I'm left with no choice but to buy the new one, right? RIGHT?

4 comments:

  1. I can only scream over the picture you took at the Dirty Restaurant. Too stunning! Hahahahaha!

    There's a similiar restaurant in southern Taiwan, selling icy sweets in a way ... er .. how to describe it. They serve ice creams and frozen sweets that form shapes of disgusting stuffs, with menu items named such as "vomit", "diarrhoea", and "pupps". If you wanna try that, I'll take you there when you visit Taiwan. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right!!! I mean how is the girl supposed to do anything without music?! Imagine just those long boring walks from ur place to j-school?! Or even worse, working out at the rec center without new iPod Shuffle on ur ears!!! No, I think you did the right thing girl;)

    Miss you much!!! Take care

    Mwah

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for your support of my desire for the shuffle... what can i do in the face of the overwhelming majority vote? :D

    ReplyDelete