Search This Blog

Sunday, July 9, 2006

Bye, Biljana!

Last Sunday, I was very fortunate to have another chance to see Biljana, my Serbian (party girl!) friend. I was very sad when I said goodbye to her in Columbia in May, right before I left for California. It occurred to me then that I had no idea when I'd ever see her again. Luckily, she had a reason (wink wink, nudge nudge) to go to LA last weekend, and so I was able to meet up with her one last time before she heads off to Serbia in less than two weeks. We picked her and Temi up in the afternoon, then proceeded to the boardwalk of Santa Monica Beach.

We had a late lunch at Bubba Gump, where we all had to help Biljana eat her huge mudpie dessert (with pleasure!). We walked around the boardwalk to burn off what we ate, and of course, Biljana and I updated each other with what had been happening in our lives. The boardwalk was a great place to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon. The sun was out, the wind kept the place cool (a little TOO cool at times), and the smell of the sea and the sound of the waves were relaxing. Time flew by so quickly, and before I knew it, it was time to bring Biljana back to the hotel, since her flight was at midnight. It was once again time to say goodbye to her, and just like before, a wave of sadness washed over me. I don't know when I'll see her again, but I'm so glad we met in Columbia. I had so much fun with her, and I'll definitely think of her each time we have all-you-can-drink $5 cups at Deja Vu. I'll miss you, Biljana! Take care, and I'll see you again!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I left Columbia on Sunday...I was terribly sad. I am happy though that I get the chance to see you one more time and I hope we'll meet again in DC or Serbia or the Phillipines...who knows;) Can you please send me the photos from sunday?

    Take care and have tons of fun this coming year:)

    ReplyDelete