Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Never-ending Goodbyes

The prospect of going back to work at ABS does not seem so depressing, when I think about spending time with my friends who also work there. However, a lot of my friends are no longer there. Gigi is now working in Australia, Anne is in New York, Daphne is with QTV, Patrick is with Channel 5. Then, another one of my good friends from the network, James Ong, is leaving to work for the lifestyle section of a website in Singapore.


Luckily, I did get to spend some time with him before he left. We had dinner a couple of times, then on the night before he left, I got to attend his despedida. He and his friends were at Chili's and he invited me to join them for a couple of drinks. After Chili's closed, we moved to Butterfly, which is a small gay bar off Morato. We danced (to 80's music!) and drank until three in the morning. I had a lot of fun, and I will really miss James when he goes.

1 comment:

  1. i was under the impression that you were already officially back at work 2 months ago. i guess not.

    i feel bad i missed james too. we got back on aug 2.

    been reminiscing about the early days in abs. when we went apartment hunting. jusmag days. stars. giraffe. banco de oro. i have lots of picture. i was always the one clicking away even back then. one day when i have time i will scan and post on flickr or facebook.

    daph

    ReplyDelete