Search This Blog

Monday, February 26, 2007

The Benefits of Technology (and having true friends)

As it turns out, technology has been very useful to me. Aside from Felicity, no one else is physically here to be a shoulder to cry on after my breakup. But after I emailed my friends and family about the news, everyone responded immediately. They emailed, they texted, they logged on to Yahoo! messenger and iChat, they called. I am so grateful to have such great friends, who are there for me even if they are miles and miles away. Yvette called from Africa, Gigi chatted with me from Australia, Anne texted and called me from New York, Chi, James and Kennie called from the Philippines, Anjou texted from Hong Kong, Karmina messaged me on Friendster from Philadelphia, Kuya Bong left a comment on my blog from Cambodia. Biljana emailed me from Serbia, Kuya and Liz from LA, Iva logged on to YM from Virginia; Gilson, Mariann, Eileen, Lissa, and John emailed from the Philippines, Tintin, Gines and Angel chatted with me from home as well.

Obviously, I practically emailed the whole world about my situation ;) But then again, in times like these, one has to lean heavily on one's friends. Since they are all great friends, they don't mind being leaned on anyway. I thank them all for being so supportive, and knowing exactly what to say to/text/message/email me to make me feel better. You are all great. Thanks so much for everything, and especially to those who are drinking a beer with me in spirit.

3 comments:

  1. Gidge, March 19. I just found out (just opened yahoo messanger now and got that cryptic message). Patrick and I are probably the last people to know. We phoned chi and james. I couldn't find your blog address. And now we both just read everything.

    Will email you privately.

    Thinking of you.

    Daph

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your thoughts, daph. i appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey tanda! =) was just going through your semi-famous (and very well-written) blogs. Hope you dont mind. Lets get together for the expensive coffee soon! My treat.

    ReplyDelete