Search This Blog

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Snow Fun

The snow has been around for a week and I finally gathered enough momentum to get out of my house and do snow-related things before it all finally melted. Temperatures are rising a bit so that is likely to happen soon. I thought I really should go out, because a tropical girl doesn't often get a chance to play in the snow. Actually, to be honest, getting out of my apartment was not really my idea. My friends Maria-Ines (from Peru) and Geraldine (from Venezuela) called and invited me to go sledding, and so that finally pushed me to leave my warm bed. I was so glad I did, because it was the first time for me to go sledding. It was a lot like bodyboarding on the sea (if you lie forward on the board, that is), and a speed rush is always fun.


After we got tired from all the sledding (the tiring part was trudging uphill to start again), we decided to go to Maria-Ines' apartment and make a snowman there, since she had a lot of snow near her parking lot. It sounds like a dorky thing to do, but it turned out to be more fun than I expected. Maybe part of the fun was due to the fact that I ate a lot of the cereal that we used for the snowman's eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment