Search This Blog

Monday, November 21, 2005


Winter has come

Technically, winter is still a month away. I thought I had some time to prepare myself for the cold that I've dreaded ever since I found out I was going to live in Missouri. The other day though, I checked the temperature, (I do this every morning with great anxiety) and saw that it was 16 degrees Fahrenheit, which is nearly -9 degrees Celsius. So I went to school in my thickest coat, and other cold-weather paraphernalia that my friends had given me. As always, I started walking to class with my hair wet, since I never got into the habit of blowing it dry after taking a bath. After walking a few minutes, I felt my hair and thought that something had fallen on it, because I felt something hard on my head. I touched my hair some more and realized that the water had frozen on the strands, and what I was feeling was a hair popsicle. I guess there was no denying then, winter had definitely arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment