Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year, Old Resolutions

New Year's Eve is one of my favorite times of the year. First of all, it signals that the end of the Christmas season is near (I intensely dislike that holiday). Mostly though, I like it because it's a good time to rehash resolutions that I failed to fulfill in the past year. I stubbornly hold on to the irrational belief that I will achieve what I simply have not managed to, year after year after year.

For 2008, the usual things that I haven't crossed off my list will remain. You know, mundane stuff like losing weight, exercising more and the like. I have also included some relatively more interesting things on my list for this year. A lot of it involves being a student of sorts once again.

Here is a partial list of things I resolve to accomplish within the next twelve months.

1. Become a technical diver.
2. Learn to surf.
3. Study to become a dive instructor.

That's only three of a seemingly endless, rather ambitious, (and maybe a tad unrealistic) list, but those are the ones that I will focus my energies on. I hope they will be crossed off by the time '09 rolls around.

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of a career change? :-) Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. exactamento! (is that right? jajaja) hope you are coping well by now over there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl first i have to say... I'm not a fan of blogging and hate people who blog and pour out all their personal chorva... but when i started reading your blogs..man it was like reading a novel and somehow i am experiencing what you are writing...so well written so true in every form..so delicate even...i guess i am a participant in your experiences because we are together but at the same time even when im not i feel what you feel..its soooo galeng!!! especially the one of raffy your nephew..because I am a mother and i know all that you describe form feeling, emotion, and description...i heard you say you dont want to have kids because weaning then will be too painful...but i beloieve otherwise..you would nmake a great mother..im glad you are my sister and my friend!!!

    Ok on another note....(dami sinansabi..shet) your goals are realistic and doable girl!!! yes we are students for life..i believe we are always craving for knowledge or discovering something new....thats is how we are or i feel how we should be!!! im glad you took this step..now meron na kaming bagong DM pwedeng utus utusan..hahahha!!! initiation!!! chu d max!!! joke!!!!....Rosho..(manuel daw kasi user name ko eh...hmmmmm?????

    ReplyDelete