Search This Blog

Friday, August 17, 2007

Birthday Celebration Kickoff

Blowing out my birthday candle

It's my birthday weekend, and Gigi helped me make plans to make sure that I celebrate it in style. First on the list, a visit to Rockpool, consistently ranked as one of the best restaurants in the world. I wanted to have my actual birthday dinner there, but they're not open on Sundays. I tried to get reservations for Saturday, to make it the eve of, but still no go, since it was fully booked that evening. They had an open slot for Friday, so Friday it had to be. I was psyched to try their twelve-course tasting menu.

So tonight, after much primping and preening, Gigi and I set off for the Rocks, which is (obviously) where the restaurant is. We got there a few minutes late because of traffic on the Harbour Bridge, but thankfully we didn't lose our table. There's really not much else to tell about the dinner, except that it lasted for four hours, the food was excellent (especially the desserts), they gave me a beautiful birthday cake (the picture doesn't do it justice- it's chocolate cake in a nest of spun golden sugar), and that Gigi and I went home with distended stomachs. Pigging out is a must when celebrating one's birthday, after all.

Tomorrow evening, we're watching Priscilla, Queen of the Desert- the Musical, and on Sunday, we're off to Hunter Valley for some wine tasting. Food, wine, and drag queens. No better way to celebrate getting older.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, the musical, I saw the movie and have its soundtrack!!! Lots of fun :-). Happy belated b-day, hope you had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks dear, the musical was great, and did justice to the movie :)

    ReplyDelete