Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 7, 2006

Finally Cooking

Back home, I used to tell everyone that I cooked well. I based this statement solely on my experience when I was still in high school (quite some time ago), as a summer time cook in the house when the household help took their summer leave. Of course, since I never really got around to cooking again since that time in the slightly distant past, my current friends never believed me. Even my siblings seemed to have forgotten that I was the family cook for a while. They say that maybe the experience was so traumatic for them that they blocked it from their collective memory. Ha!

Well, circumstances have forced me to be re-acquainted with my (alleged) inner cook. It is just too expensive to eat out everyday in the US, which is what I did back home. So after eating mostly sandwiches and salads for a few months, I've actually prepared meals that involved a pan and cooking oil. And I am happy to say that I actually believe my own story now. Right now though, I've convinced only myself. One day I might actually have other people taste my cooking and live to tell the tale.

1 comment:

  1. the unicorn... Snuffalafugus... Loch Ness monster... the Eternal Student who cooks... Do they really exist???

    ReplyDelete